Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Return to Bryce Canyon

This is Bryce Canyon National Park, one of the most stunning natural wonders this lovely planet has to offer. We drove up there and knowing what was waiting, I drove all the way out to Rainbow Point (18 km into the park) before stopping. It worked well; Albie and Court were absofuckinlutely stunned at the views. Sadly, most of the day turned out pretty gloomy so they both agreed they needed to return in the summer.

I didn't take all that many pictures this time around, but you can see'em all here.

From Rainbow Point, it seems like you can see forever.
DSC_0348

You also get a good overview of some of the crazy rock formations.
DSC_0350

I don't know if this was the same bird who bullied me to give it an apricot in 2011. This one fixed me with a determined look until I shared my lemon flavored chips. They went down well.
DSC_0376

Rocks. Crazy rocks.
DSC_0397

I came up with the name Troll City for this area.
DSC_0394

The sun came out for a ten minute period towards the end of our stay.
DSC_0410

Surely, there must be worse places than Bryce at sunset.
DSC_0413

No comments: