Monday, February 9, 2009

Traveling man

Soooo.... this is my travel itinerary for the year. Feel free to express your envy in the comments section:

February 24-28: London
April 2-13: Prague
April 29-May 3: Scotland (Stirling & Edinburgh)
June 22-July 22: US West Coast

The London ticket cost me NOK 10 ($1,50), but since I splurged and reserved a piece of checked in luggage, the total cost was slightly below NOK 400 ($60). Thank you, Ryanair! The Prague trip is heavily discounted on the hotel side, since I'm now friendly with the management.

The Scotland trip is with about a dozen colleagues (we went to Dublin in '07 and Berlin in '08). The two other males on this trip are both in their 60s, so I guess I'll be the residing studmuffin this time around, woo hoo!

What I'm most excited about (and obsessing over) is the US trip. I got a really cheap return ticket to Los Angeles with US Airways and I'm looking forward to touring the west coast for a month. I'll probably make my way up to Portland, make a quick swing into Washington, then set out east to Yellowstone, by way of Idaho. Then I'll go north to Montana to see the Little Big Horn battlesite before trekking even farther east to Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills. I'll then turn west again; not 100% sure about how fast I'll be going but I'm hoping to spend a day or two in Wyoming and maybe a night in Vegas. I'm then aiming to see friends in Fresno and spend a day or two in Yosemite with them. The final week of the trip will be spent with friends in San Diego, including a 2-3 day trip to Grand Canyon and maybe Sedona and the Petrified forest area out on I-40 too. If all goes according to plan, I'll see five new states (OR, WA, ID, MT and WY), which will leave only Alaska and Hawaii. Sounds like fun, yes?

2 comments:

VamPus said...

Studmuffin.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Hrm..

GAHA HA HA HA HA!

Anonymous said...

OK a bit spooky, I have lived in both Stirling and San Diego.. Lucky you for getting to travel so much. Aah, to be employed and earn money..