Friday, March 20, 2009

One Mississippi, Two Mississippi...

Besides the huge enjoyment I get from traveling in the US, there is also a particular goal to it all, one understandable to all you anal-retentive nerds out there: Reaching 50.

My two geographical aims in this life is to visit all European countries and all 50 states of the US. The latter, needless to say, has priority. So far I've got 43 notches in my metaphorical belt, achieved over seven epic trips. Just to bore ya'll (because I can), here's a quick breakdown (Bold denotes a new state):

1997: MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA (5)
1998: CA (1)
1998: AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV (13)
1999: AR, CA, CT, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, MA, MI, MO, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI (10)
2001: AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MD, MS, MO, NV, NM, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, WV (7)
2002: AL, AR, DE, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, MD, MN, MS, MO, NE, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, VA, WV, WI (4)
2006: AL, CT, DE, GA, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, SC, TN, VT, VA (3)

So this year I aim to grab OR, WA, ID, MT and WY. This will leave AK and HI for later, but rest assured - I will go there too someday.

1 comment:

Simon T said...

All the european countries ??? Well, at least you got the priorities right...