Thursday, February 16, 2012

Different tastes

Among the many, many things that make me sane and the Thais raving mad, are the flavors they put into their potato chips. I present you with the following assortment of food madness, purchased for my amusement and a pittance at a 7-11 a few hours ago.

We'll start off with lobster hot plate. Mmmm, lobster. Giant fuckin spiders of the sea. Imagine you've taken a shrimp, dried it and steamrolled it into a flat, lifeless thing. Then imagine someone rolling it in chili for a few months, and you have the taste of this chip.
DSCN5241

Then we move on to crab. Sorry, crab CURRY. I couldn't really taste much except for the curry, but there was a slight aftertaste of pool water. Maybe that was the crab.
DSCN5242

Rounding it off with these three delicacies - Shrimp Seaweed, Japanese Seaweed and - are you ready for this? YUM Seaweed.

Shrimp seaweed tastes like mild death. There's no better way to describe it. It's not violent, it's not loud, it's not sudden. It's just a mild breath of death.
DSCN5243

Japanese seaweed tasted like I imagine Japan. Bland, with just a hint of death.
DSCN5245

Yum has a refreshing, perky, almost cheerful taste of death to it.
DSCN5244

I'll leave you on a happier note, with just the empty wrappings of a raisin bun with coconut cream. I'd stuffed this down my face before I thought to get a picture in. It was that yummy.
DSCN5247

No comments: