Friday, February 24, 2012

Stuffing face at Monkey Mountain

Today, we finally managed to get our asses out to Monkey Mountain, to the south of Hua Hin. After the visit we lunched in one of the ramshackle establishments along the way; I swear the floor was sloping towards the canal, where the water was anything but inviting. I'm skeptical, bordering on hostile towards anything that chooses to live in the water, so I ordered prawn and rice, the least watery dish they had as far as I could see.

DSCN5463

Kaew first ordered rice and some oysters. Apparently, the oysters come in a sauce that's so strong it will make a grown western man cry.
DSCN5460

She then got a huge platter of crab. I don't know how these tiny Thais are able to put so much food away.
DSCN5461

The other three got proper prawns and rice.
DSCN5462

They had tanks like these up front, filled with live fish, prawns, crabs, etc.
DSCN5465

No comments: