Friday, February 17, 2012

My House

A few words about my somewhat less than humble abode. The house has four bedrooms and five bathrooms, a big living room, a smallish kitchen and a nice little dining room. There has been something wrong with every single bathroom at one point or another in the 3 days I've been here - from leaky toilets to clogged drains to me locking myself out of a bathroom last night. Yes, dear reader. Thai bathroom doors are designed in a way that makes this completely possible. I had to fire off an angry email to the British guy I rent from and he had a locksmith here within the hour. Sigh.

Things seem to be working ok now, except for the odd lightbulb being dark. The repairman will fix the jacuzzi tomorrow - not that I care, but I've paid for the damned thing and maybe some of my guests would like to use it.

I've spent several hours in the pool today. I can't describe how good it is to have a private pool. The weather is warm, there's a nice, cooling breeze and the water is just indescribable. Lying in a sunwarmed pool with just your nose above the water and good music playing on the PC is heaven. The only thing that could possibly make it better is knowing that back at home it's freezing cold and full of snow. Fortunately, this was the case, muahahahaha!

Some pics:

The poooool:
DSCN5249

I've made myself a little den in the living room.
DSCN5239

Mmmmm. The TV even has Fox News! Wheeeee!
DSCN5240

This is one of the little fuckers that keep appearing after dark. They scurry from chair to chair in the living room, and last night one of them became so annoying I had to shoo it out with a broomstick. I think they're cockroaches.
DSCN5248

No comments: