Saturday, February 18, 2012

A rainy night in Cha am

Last night we went to a Norwegian bar in the neighboring town, Cha am. The bar is owned by a Norwegian musician, and my brother's been out there several times to jam with the guys who frequent the place. Friday they put on a concert with Claudia Scott, a Norwegian artist (pics later).

Afterwards we went out to stuff face. I ordered the spaghetti bolognese, which at this medium fancy place cost all of $3.50. Admittedly the portions were not that big. Later on we went to find a taxi at a stand at one of the numerous 7-11's in the area. Seriously, they're everywhere. Unlike the taxis, I might add. We had to call the same cab we'd come with, from Hua Hin, because there wasn't anything available in Cha am.

While we were waiting, it started to thunder and rain. Let me tell you, rain in Thailand is a tropical deluge. The heavens open and water just pour down. No light, gentle drizzle this, no sirree. Water's coming down like it was spat out of the skies.

The restaurant where we stuffed face. I sniffed the chili and almost died, while my brother's gf grabbed a fistful to pour over her spaghetti. I'll never understand how these people can live without tastebuds, throats or intestines as they must all surely be burned away by now.
DSCN5338

This little charmer must have been the offspring of one of the workers at 7-11. She was running in and out, barely able to even open the entrance door. When I went in to buy some stuff she came up to me and was clearly very interested in my camera. So I took a picture of her while she posed like a little pro. I then showed her the picture and the little cutie hugged my legs. Awwwwwwwww.
DSCN5339

The rain.
DSCN5342

Just fuckin' pourin'.
DSCN5348

It was still warm out; I saw some westerners who'd just given up and were making their way around in the rain calmly, almost stoically.
DSCN5349

P-o-u-r-i-n-g.
DSCN5346

View from our taxi as we drove towards Hua Hin. Which, as far as I could tell, had not been hit by the rain.
DSCN5350

No comments: