Friday, November 16, 2012

Insanity

Remember the incident where I got reamed in the ass last August? Some woman in a jeep/SUV plowed into the back of my car in Oregon, and I had to change vehicles north of Eureka, even though all that was wrong was the safety belt had twisted itself and there was a small dent in the back bumper... yeah, that incident.

I got word from her insurance guy yesterday that he'd cut a check to Hertz for almost 12,000 dollars. They had totaled the vehicle for that little dent. My head is spinning with the sheer insanity of it. The insurance agent agreed, but according to him new parts were so expensive they would cost more than the car was worth. I wonder how much that poor woman's insurance premium has gone up after the incident.

For your viewing pleasure - the dent that wrecked a perfectly good Jetta:
DSCN1551

No comments: