Monday, November 5, 2012

Reykjavik

I've been taking pics from Reykjavik, but haven't posted any as I knew I'd be taking them all the way until we left today. I've also included about half a dozen pics of the Blue Lagoon, which I didn't go into for fear of getting harpooned.

All pics.

I believe this statue is of Ingolfur Arnarson, the first permanent settler on Iceland. Ingolfur was kicked out of Norway for participating in a blood feud.
DSCN6126

Not sure what is here today, but on an old picture in a cafe the structure housed a small shop.
DSCN6138

Heh. Næsti bar. It's pronounced just like "nasty". We ate in several "næsti" subways and had lots of immature fun with that. The word actually means "next".
DSCN6137

They have some nice, old buildings here, but I wouldn't recommend Reykjavik for the architecture.
DSCN6131

One of the main shopping streets.
DSCN6004

A Christmas display to compete with the worst in America.
DSCN6008

You can see the Hallgrim's Church pretty much everywhere in Reykjavik. Very practical.
DSCN6135

The very special lava landscape around the Blue Lagoon.
DSCN6140

Vivek and Siri risking death by harpoon.
DSCN6145

No comments: