Sunday, July 27, 2014

Some odds and ends from Great Britain

Just some random pics to round out my many posts about the latest trip to Scotland & England...

I bought this t-shirt and lots more at the Monty Python reunion show on July 5 in London. I have been informed that the bird is in fact a macaw, not a Norwegian Blue, a fact which I shall do by best to forget.
pining

This tree is called the Fortingall yew, and is reputedly one of the oldest trees in Britain. Local propaganda tourist information suggests that it's 4-5,000 years old, but it's probably closer to 2,000.
yew

Dull, the little place in Scotland where the Highland Safari Park is.
Dull

At the hotel in Lincoln they knew about my interest in toilet paper folding and the maid had even made me a paper swan. Awwwww.
paper swan

A lovely double rainbow that appeared above the place where I had dinner in Lincoln.
SANY0007

SANY0008

No comments: