Saturday, July 12, 2014

Trip down Glen Etive

I spent Friday night in the nice little resort town of Oban and had a surprisingly splendid evening in the bar of Hotel Kelvin, discussing Scottish independence, folk music, the state of teaching, travel, TV series and lots more. Lots of banter and jokes and a good time was had all round. Highly recommended!

On my way over to Inverness along the A 82 today, I decided to take a detour down to Glen Etive, along a single file lane. I was soon rewarded with mighty views of rivers, streams, grand mountains and deer. Oh yes, deer. I was driving along when I passed a narrow sideroad to a private lodge, and thought I saw a lifelike statue of a deer to my left. Then the statue moved. I stopped the car and got out my camera, desperate to get off a shot before he fled into the bushes. I needn't have bothered, because this guy was in no hurry. He continued stuffing his little snout on grass, not ten feet from my car. He looked up a couple of times to acknowledge my presence, but showed no concern at all.

This was how close he was.
DSC_0007

Yum yum.
DSC_0004

Devil deer! Aaaaaaaah!
SANY0300

This guy was just cooling it in the middle of a field.
DSC_0022

More pics from the valley.
DSC_0014

Sho, sho pwetty.
SANY0304

Hot daymn, that place was purdy.
SANY0305

No comments: