Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Deal Castle - again

My final destination was Deal Castle, a place I also saw last year. I spent maybe ten minutes in there, long enough to realize that a couple of the stairs where I had, if not sprung gaily up and burst into song, then at least slouched remorsefully up, were now closed off to the public. I'm not sure how serious it was, since the closing off consisted of two thin strings without a single warning sign.

Anyhooo, all pics from Deal Castle here, including the ones from last year.

I believe the difference in water color has something to do with the depth.
DSCN2973

Bread ovens. I get hungry just thinking about it.
DSCN2975

Upstairs in one of the rooms, there this piece of original wall which has been denuded of current paneling. So this is what they'd be looking at in Tudor times.
DSCN2978

This is where I plan to stuff face tonight. I shall report on the success, or the failure thereof, tomorrow.
DSCN2980

No comments: