Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hackness

Saturday night was spent in the tiny hamlet of Hackness, in the Yorkshire area of England. I must have gotten a damn good deal, because the hotel was a lot more swanky than what I usually see for 30 pounds. Not much to report, as I didn't do much touristy on Saturday but I did get in quite a few good pics of the ducks that live in the pond. Some of them were making a ruckus last night as I got back from the pub around 9:30 and it sounded like a deranged Daffy Duck was holding court in the bushes. Add to that a full moon, and I was laughing like a loon at the idea of a wereduck hiding in the forest.

All pics here.

My hotel last night. Pretty decent shot with no flash.
DSCN3455

The hotel this morning. 30 quid ain't too shabby, even without breakfast, eh?
DSCN3464

Eh, eh, eh?
DSCN3456

The interior was mucho nice, too.
DSCN3458

The ducks came running as soon as they saw me walking along the pond. In pure hilarity, these animals can almost compete with penguins.
DSCN3467

DSCN3468

DSCN3469

Later, when I went to take pics of the lawn, they followed.
DSCN3481

The players inspecting the field.
DSCN3484

Then back to the pond again.
DSCN3487

Preening themselves. It's a hard life in the tourist business.
DSCN3489

Bottoms up, guys!
DSCN3491

No comments: