Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Walmer Castle

I'd gone by Walmer Castle last year, but not had the time to go in. This time I was anxious to get there, since I'd subsequently read that it was one of the finest examples of something something in England. Well, let me tell you now that my tastes run very contrary to whoever schmuck wrote that piece about Walmer.

It's not that it's a bad place, or an ugly castle, or that it smells or anything like that. It's just that there's nothing much special to see there AND it has the added rubbish rule that you can't take pictures inside. Meh. In addition they had probably the most expensive and lousy eateries of any English Heritage place I've ever been to.

All pics here.

The entrance.
DSCN2937

Some ok views from the wall.
DSCN2943

Much of the interior was torn down and rebuilt as living quarters.
DSCN2942

The castle had quite a big garden.
DSCN2958

You knows you wants it. I can haz cheeseburger?
DSCN2965

No comments: