Friday, August 9, 2013

Blackness Castle

Blackness Castle lies just outside the tiny village of Blackness, and never was a castle more aptly named. The whole place is bleak, windswept and just blaaaah. It was fortified something fierce in the 1500s, and because of its narrow shape it has been called "the ship that never sailed". I spent about ten minutes there before the cold winds got to me and I set off for lovely Selkirk, in the Borders area, where I shall be spending my last weekend as a "free man". On Wednesday, I go back to WORK, for the first time in over two years. Ugh.

It does have a boaty appearance.
DSCN6771

Not so much from this angle.
DSCN6760

Just downstream is the Firth of Forth.
DSCN6772

This lovable little kitty came right over and started rubbing against me in the courtyard. It was last seen following a group of yanks towards the castle.
DSCN6773

No comments: