Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pics from London

Just to get it out of the way, here are the disappointingly few pics I managed to take while in London in February:


The Wellington Arch - not very interesting, but it looks nice.
SANY0208

I believe this was a WWI memorial
SANY0209

Views from the top of the Arch - the building on the left is Apsley House, home of the Duke of Wellington.
SANY0210 SANY0211 SANY0212

This is a memorial to NZ troops that have participated in British wars.
SANY0213

Another WW1 memorial.
SANY0214

The tiny print at the bottom - I like the sentiment.
SANY0216

Big Ben and Westminster Abbey.
SANY0219 SANY0220

The sinful dessert I had at the small Italian place just behind the National Portrait Gallery.
SANY0217

2 comments:

Tine said...

Those are the things that make you fat (or may I use the Norwegian term "Bælfeit"?). Point of notice, you can get fat in other countries than Norway too?

Ghost of Goldwater said...

It was after the London trip I started my exercise scheme... I blame that ice cream cup in particular...