Monday, June 11, 2012

Doing my part

I would like to thank the various American state and local governments for providing me with the opportunity to help them out of their financial difficulties, one speeding ticket at a time. Don't spend it all at once, New Mexico.

Sunday I was driving through Deming, NM, and had actually turned on to the road that went onto the interstate when a police car turned on its lights behind me. I pulled in at a gas station, where I was fined $76 for doing 46 mph in a 35 zone. The female cop actually knocked my speed down to 45, so that I got off with $76 instead of $91, so I can't really complain.

The fuck-fuckety-fucking thing is that this time, I thought I was actually following the speed limit. I learned my lesson last year and had every intention of keeping to posted limits this time around. I had my cruise control on, idly thinking the legal limit was 45. I found to my sorrow that it wasn't. Wailing & gnashing of teeth.

No comments: