Saturday, June 9, 2012

A not so gracious bald eagle

The bald eagle is the national symbol of America. Most pictures show it soaring across the sky in majestic flight. It is considered a noble and gracious creature. So I thought I'd show you the other side. As we were driving home from Exit glacier, we took a little sidetrip down a small road, because I thought (mistakenly) that it would provide access to the river. Instead we got in lots and lot of pictures of this bald eagle perched in a fir tree. I'm sorry to say this, but he spent most of his time scratching.

All pics here.

"IT ITCHES!"
DSCN8006

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh..."
DSCN8007

"Let's see what I've got in my inner pockets..."
DSCN8015

"Awww for fucks sake!"
DSCN8028

"Sweet bliss"
DSCN8029

It's hard to look dignified after that.
DSCN8034

The light that evening was just fantastic.
DSCN8044

DSCN8045

No comments: