Friday, May 11, 2012

Beautiful, gorgeous New Zealand

So. I flew from Melbourne to Auckland early on Thursday. Friday I drove down to Hobbiton, outside Matamata and what a spectacular tour that was... These pictures are from the area around and also from the actual farm where the Hobbiton filmset is situated. This landscape is quite typical for central New Zealand; green, rolling hills with cows and sheep and wonderful trees dotting the landscape. Sigh.

All pics here.

Cuteness incarnate. Lamb from the Alexander Farm, where Hobbiton is.
DSCN7217

Rolling, rolling, rolling.
DSCN7367

DSCN7210

A sheep blithely ignoring me, as it had established that I had no food.
DSCN7359

I am currently doing a farmstay a few kilometers east of Hobbiton, this is some of the scenery from the drive here.
DSCN7368

DSCN7377

DSCN7370

No comments: