Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Plymouth

New Plymouth is a town on the west coast of New Zealand's North Island. It has a long beach promenade (I've seen the number "10 km" bandied about) and a crazy pictoresque volcanic mountain behind it, which I hope to get some pics of Sunday (it was shrouded in clouds today).

As I drove into town to hunt down some dinner I happened to go down by the harbor and in a moment of clarity I saw one of the most stunning sunsets I've ever seen; the sun and clouds were really playing together on this one. I stopped the car, got out my camera and fired away. Five minutes later the clouds had decided they wanted all the fun for themselves, and the sun was hurrying off to an appointment on the east coast of Australia.

All pics here.

Shoooo purdy.
DSCN7389

DSCN7390

"For though the tired waves, vainly breaking..."
DSCN7414

DSCN7406

No comments: