Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sunset Downs

After Hobbiton, I drove off to a farm not far down the road. I'd researched it on the Hobbiton webpage and found I could afford to splurge for one night, especially since the Kiwi dollar is quite a bit cheaper than the Aussie one. So I went to a lovely place called Sunset Downs.

Actually, first I took the wrong entrance and drove up to their neighbors. I don't think anybody was home, except for a large, yellowish dog that fortunately was just drool and love and only seemed interested in showing me its toy doll. Oh, and shedding half its coat on my black jeans.

The Sunset Downs is a nice little farm in a gorgeous landscape. I had a whole two-level cottage to myself, with kitchen, living rooom, a tv, dvd-player (LOTR was standing on top of the TV cupboard...) and a large four poster bed upstairs. I had a very good dinner (NZ lamb, mmmm) and breakfast with the owners, Diane and Russell, and Diane's English-born mum. We had a jolly good time, they're nice people and good fun.

I know I'll be going back to NZ sometime and when I do, a visit here is a must. So if you're looking for reasonably priced farm accommodation in NZ, you can't do better than Sunset Downs.

Pics:

I believe I've mentioned the nice, rolling hills of New Zealand before...?
DSCN7385

Mine, all mine.
DSCN7384

The sofa, whence I blogged and watched LOTR.
DSCN7380

Eh? Eh? Eh!
DSCN7383

No comments: