Sunday, May 13, 2012

The mountain

In my post from New Plymouth yesterday, I promised you pictures of the very lovely volcano/mountain just behind the city. Well, I fucked up. It was visible Saturday afternoon, but during the night evil, evil clouds came and covered it up. I drove up to the visitor center, but the lady in the cozy little cafeteria said she thought it wouldn't clear for a couple of days. So instead I had a huge breakfast there and then drove down to Wellington.

Eggs? Check. Bacon? Check. Sausage? Check. Beans? Check. Toast? Check. Tomatoes? Check. Mushrooms? Check. Cardiac arrest? Coming soon to an ER near you.
DSCN7416

For dessert I had a mountaineer cake. Pineapple, banana & walnut. Heaven.
DSCN7417

Mount Taranaki/Egmont, for the moment shrouded in fog. Sigh.
DSCN7421

DSCN7422

No comments: