Monday, January 16, 2012

Balboa Park

Saturday, I was accompanied by my old friend Albie to Balboa Park, "the cultural center" of San Diego. There was some nice architecture to look at, but quite frankly I was feeling kinda queasy and there was just something about the place that rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it was my blood sugar acting up, or maybe it was a percieved smugness about the place, I dunno. I must give it another chance the next time I'm in town.

All pics here.

Albie wanted to take me to the Japanese friendship gardens, but since I don't want to be friends with the Japanese, I didn't see the point. So I took some pics of these nice buildings instead.
DSCN5041

DSCN5042

El Cid, a Spanish general from the 11th century. Fuck knows why he's got a statue on the other side of the planet.
DSCN5039

Some Maya something, something.
DSCN5045

Three South American warriors who didn't make it.
DSCN5050

Oh, dear... have I been photographed for that horrible blog?
DSCN5051

No comments: