Friday, January 20, 2012

Pearl Harbor

So, it's 1 PM on Thursday, Hawaii time. I am sitting at the airport, with my overpriced wi-fi. Beneath, you will find the three pictures I took out at Pearl Harbor earlier today - I couldn't be bothered to find out how to get to the memorials, much less actually tour them. You'll have to settle for these pics.

Let me also say, truly & deeply, that I don't think I've ever hated an American place more than Hawaii. Even fuckin' Vegas was better than this. Shitty hotel, shitty food, insane traffic, confusing and moronic signposting and absofuckinlutely no tourist information on the highways. If you're looking for gas or food, you'll have to chance it at any random exit.

In addition, many of the employees at hotels, shops, even the fuckin airport, speak little and atrocious English. For fuck's sake, I thought the US WON the Second World War? I thought they WON the Cold War? And yet, everywhere I look there's some immigrant speaking goobledeegok fluently, but barely enough English to sell me a fuckin' bottle of water. I've felt this kind of alienation ONCE before in the US, and that was in Chinatown in New York (another place that I'd level to the ground if I could).

Inside, I'm dancing and shouting with joy over going back to the American mainland. Hawaii is a savage third world country that happened to become a part of the United States, and for all I care they can fuckin' sink into the Pacific Ocean as soon as my plane takes off. Give the 50th star to Puerto Rico or sumfin' - or, on second thought, DON'T! I really don't want to go there either... I am sincerely looking forward to continuing my journeys on the wonderful, American mainland, and never more giving this wretched place another thought.

Aight, here are your pics.

This memorial is situated over the wreck of the USS Arizona, which was sunk by the slant eyed, emperor-worshipping, rice-eating bastards.
DSCN5221

The USS Missouri, where the signing ceremony took place that ended the Second World War. Well, unconditional surrender actually. America, fuck yeah!
DSCN5222

Some submarine.
DSCN5224

No comments: