Thursday, January 5, 2012

Galveston

Yesterday I made a return to Houston, where I had my famous Thanksgiving dinner with my old friend Amanda and her boyfriend Brett. They've now gone and married, the silly buggers. I spent Wednesday evening in their delightful company, eating pizza and watching Brett's alma mater West Virginia crush some South Carolinians at college football.

The day was spent in Galveston, which is just over 30 miles east of my hotel, at the end of I-45. It's a small town, with a handful of nice old houses and some stretches of nice beach which is probably the city's main draw in the summer. They were almost completely deserted in January, which is about the only good thing you can say about beaches. All pics here.

One fuckin huge pelican and lots of smaller birds, the names of which I have no idea.
DSCN4420

The waves lapping at the beach.
DSCN4433

This is how I like my beaches. Completely empty of all humans.
DSCN4424

Next stop Mexico.
DSCN4430

No comments: