Saturday, January 21, 2012

I don't get no respect

Fuck, fuckety FUCK. I suggest Motel 6 in El Cajon give their "house keeeepiiiing" ladies a swift course in English, cuz this? Won't. Fuckin'. Do. My head is about to explode in rage over their behavior.

TWICE today I have explained, in clear, unbroken, unaccented, American English that I don't need any cleaning today, thank you very much (I arrived after midnight, and there is only so much wear & tear I can commit in a room in half a day!). Twice I have had the sneaking suspicion that I was not being understood and that the person on the other side of the door was thinking hard about entering. Twice there has been an unusually long break between my last "thank you" and the fading sound of shuffling feet that signals the departure of a maid.

Still, the last maid, after being told not to enter, that I needed nothing, and being told "thank you" repeatedly... OPENED the door. I was sitting with my back to it, in my underwear (a sight likely to scar you for life), typing an email and munching Domino's Pizza (and before you ask, I was dressed when it arrived!). If I hadn't had the security latch on, she would have barged straight in.

Motel 6, I dearly love your reasonably priced rooms. I understand the desire to employ immigrants at low wages, and I even applaud such work as the best way to integrate newcomers to America. But for fuck's sake, at least teach them to understand simple, basic instructions in English and the respect of privacy that Anglo-Saxon civilization was built on. Thank you.

No comments: