Friday, July 27, 2012

How Green Was My Valley

Tuesday, I came upon a scene so stunningly beautiful I just had to stop and put it on camera. The only angle from which you can see the whole setting is as you fly by in a car, so I had to pull over and get out to take the pics. Imagine then, as you view these photos, yours truly placed on a huge stone block, toes curling with joy over what I see. The only sounds are those of birds chirping and the faint gurgle of the little stream way down below.

It is indeed a scene of tranquility, of serene, nay exalted enjoyment of nature at its very finest. Oh, how I wish I could live in a little house under that bridge. Or maybe on the corner of the two valleys so I could look down both. I'll always treasure this view, and keep it as yet another fond memory from this journey.

Bridge? Check. Rocks? Check. Pine trees? Check. Grass? Check. Stream? Check.
DSCN9814

Sigh.
DSCN9818

Double sigh.
DSCN9821

This is from an area appx 30 seconds before, which also is a strong contender for most beautiful place in the world.
DSCN9813

No comments: