Sunday, July 15, 2012

Osakis, MN

Had a brief stop in small town Minnesota today, in the tiny town of Osakis. I took a 3 mile detour from the interstate because my mouth was salivating at seeing a billboard ad for "Jacob's Lefse Bakery". Anyone who's ever had proper lefse will understand.

Sadly, when I pulled up outside the bakery at 7:15 AM, I discovered they did not open till 9. I mean, wtf? A bakery??? So no lefse for me. I spent a good ten minutes just walking around, taking pics of main street, which was lined with Scandinavian names, and the lovely lake. There was also a kind of amcar meet up in town, and nice, old cars were pouring in from near and far.

All pics here.

No lefse today, sniff, sniff.
DSCN8986

Lovely lake.
DSCN8993

Clock with main street running behind it.
DSCN8992

Scandinavian names.
DSCN8984

A scruffy, little girl who was all love when I petted her.
DSCN8996

Ish nice to look at.
DSCN8989

No comments: