Thursday, July 26, 2012

More forest fire pics

Right, I promised you some more forest fire pics from Sunday, and here they are. I should hasten to add that for a few, horrible hours, I've actually thought that all my pics from Sunday were gone - fire pics, nature pics, animals, the lot. Fortunately it turned out that the memory card was fucked and that I could upload when using the camera directly, instead of using the memory card. I also have a reserve card with me, and that one is working like a dream. Phew.

I took these from a parking lot a few miles south of Wind Cave (north of Hot Springs), except for the chopper pics, which are from the same area as the Friday pics. All pics from the fire, new and old here.

DSCN9677

DSCN9679

A chopper taking off... and landing ten feet further down the field... I have no idea why.
DSCN9740

DSCN9747

DSCN9751

No comments: