Monday, July 9, 2012

On the road

The rest of Saturday was a mad drive up through Michigan and down through Wisconsin. It was filled with agonizing traffic jams, bad gas station food and pretty scenery. I crossed the Mackinac bridge from Lower to Upper Michigan (fucker cost me 4 bucks) and drove on narrow state routes before finally hitting Green Bay around 7:30 pm. Actually, it was 8:30, cuz Wisconsin is on Central time while Michigan is on Eastern. Trust me, the inconsistency of American time zones is enough to make a grown man cry.

Anyways, here are my pics from the road.

Dude, your name is GAYLORD. *pointing and laughing*
SANY0004

From Mackinac bridge, aka The Big Mac (I kidd you not). Dat be Lake Huron out der.
SANY0006

Lake Michigan. No, you can't see the opposite shore. These lakes are fuckin HUGE.
SANY0007

Mackinac Bridge from a viewpoint on the Upper Peninsula (or UP as it's known locally).
DSCN8709

There were lots of people utilizing the beaches on UP. I saw people bathing, kayaking, canoing, etc. The views were magnificent. Not sure I'd want to live here in the winter, though.
SANY0009

From a scenic viewpoint on the lower peninsula.
DSCN8701

There were tons of stands along the way in Michigan, where they sold "washed sweet cherries". I bought this bag for 7 dollars and ate half of it. Yum, yum, yum!
SANY0005

No comments: