Monday, April 30, 2012

Byron Bay

Well, I decided against the Great Barrier Reef... partly because it was more difficult than anticipated to find the right type of tour, partly because I arrived in Townsville on ANZAC Day and every single information provider was closed, partly because the weather was bad... but mainly because I had a good long thought and concluded that I really don't give a fuck about it. I don't care how famous it is, I'm not wasting a couple hundred dollars to see something I don't care one iota for.

Instead, I bring you these pictures, which I took yesterday. They're of an area just south of Byron Bay in New South Wales, and I think it's quite a pretty one. Great views, and the landscape is so green and lush and fertile. Same goes for Monday's drive from Port Macquarie down here to Katoomba, this is nothing like the barren wastelands of inner Australia. Also, it stopped raining this morning, yay! All pics here.

DSCN6363

DSCN6368

No comments: