Thursday, April 19, 2012

Millicent

After Mt Gambier I stopped at the local museum in the town of Millicent, for no other reason than that I was bored. I found out to my delight that it was a National Trust museum, meaning I got in for free, since I'm a member of the English National Trust. Eight bucks saved! Woo hoo!

All pics here.

I have no idea why these irons were sad. Possibly they were being bullied by the pressure irons next to them.
DSCN6007

Fireman carved outta wood in front of the museum. Apparently there was a big fire in 1983 where people and livestock perished, and this was some sort of memorial.
DSCN5982

There was a note saying this was a whalebone. You'll have to take their word for it.
DSCN5988

More knots than a sane man can look at in a lifetime.
DSCN5989

They also had a collection of horsedrawn vehicles. This is a hearse.
DSCN6000

The woman the town was named after. She was the daughter of some bishop in Adelaide I think.
DSCN6001

Same woman as old. Still got the ol' spark in her eye.
DSCN6002

No comments: