Thursday, July 16, 2015

Bryce Canyon

After the gorgeous drive through Utah, I finally arrived at the penultimate destination in this whirlwind tour of the American southwest - Bryce Canyon National Park. I only drove up to Sunset Point this time.

After Bryce Canyon, I had a very good dinner at a place called Houston's Trails End (or something like that) in Kanab. I then ended the evening with a drive through lovely Zion National Park.

I'm not impressed with the view at Sunset Point.
SANY0063

Troll City was as wonderfully bizarre as always.
SANY0047

Close up.
SANY0056

The other side of the valley.
SANY0065

This little doe lay down as I was driving beside her. She did not seem concerned at all with my presence and I clicked away as much as I could.
SANY0078

As I've said many times, it's a hard life in the tourist industry. You have to look presentable at all times, especially when people are taking pictures of you. And cleanliness is next to godliness, as we know.
SANY0072

Finally, I'm not impressed with the shuttle that took me to Zion Canyon, which is closed to private cars in the summer season. I saw wild turkeys, a fox and lots of deer.
SANY0082

No comments: