Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Return to Sequoia and Kings Canyon

Friday I drove up to Three Rivers to meet my San Diego crew, Albie and Court. Saturday we had a long, splendid drive through the areas I'd been through the previous weekend, and then some. I did not take many pictures this time, but I did see two black bears; one in Sequoia and one in Kings Canyon. One ran across the road and disappeared into the woods before I got a chance to even find my camera and the other was merrily violating a fallen tree trunk, but it was quite dark and he ran away when too many people started crawling up from the road to take his picture.

I am not impressed with a hollowed out tree at Sequoia.
SANY0004

Albie in front of a hollow tree trunk at Grant's Cove.
SANY0015

There are some nice vistas in Kings Canyon. This is from the road to Cedar Grove, where I did not go earlier.
SANY0021

Deep canyons.
SANY0024

And winding roads.
SANY0034

No comments: