Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Glacier Point

Sunday, we drove up to Yosemite and this time I also took a road I had not really been able to take earlier; the road to Glacier Point. I'd never been there, so I did not know what to expect, but I can safely say that it is one of the most awesome viewpoints on the planet. The views are magnificent and if you're ever in Yosemite, Glacier Point is a must.

Half Dome is a jaw dropping sight.
DSC_0228

So is the rest of the canyon beside it.
DSC_0259

On the other side were two waterfalls; Vernal and Nevada.
DSC_0042

Yosemite Village was a long way down.
DSC_0264

We could see smoke across the valley, possibly from a lightning strike.
DSC_0287

The local wildlife has adapted to humans, and I think the park rangers are fighting a losing battle to keep these little rascals "wild".
DSC_0149

On the road out, we saw a rainbow. There was just no end to pretty that day.
DSC_0300

Some pics of the sun and the clouds playing on the road out.
DSC_0363

DSC_0438

DSC_0471

I'm not looking impressed with Half Dome, but really, this was just ridiculously beautiful.
SANY0067

No comments: