Monday, July 6, 2015

Horseshoe Bend

My first adventure on Sunday nearly became my last altogether. I was adamant to go see the famous Horseshoe Bend, in northern Arizona. What I had not counted on was the deadly heat. A short 1.5 mile hike became a race against thirst, sunburn and my own pathetic physical condition. But I survived, dear reader! So know that these pictures that you so carelessly peruse were taken with only the utmost effort by yours truly.

(PS: The only person I "beat" in the snailpaced race up the last hill was an elderly Asian woman who looked like she was on her fifth heart attack)

Horseshoe Bend in all its might.
DSC_0027

The bend from the high point. The tiny figures bottom right were people.
DSC_0005

This red sand almost covered my parched bones today.
DSC_0023

No blog post is hereafter complete without a skelfie.
DSC_0051

No comments: