Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sequoia National Park & King's Canyon National Park

I'd never been to either before, but Sunday I drove in to these two parks, which for all practical purposes are one big park. I started out from Fresno and entered King's Canyon after about an hour. The first real pictureworthy place I came to was General Grant Grove, which has a lot of effin huge Sequoias, some with big holes in the trunk that one can actually stand in. It also sports the second largest known sequoia in the world, the General Grant Tree. It is effin huge, and a beauty to behold for those of us who like trees. There was also a fallen tree you could walk through and various other informational and entertaining stuff. Highly recommended!

I'm skeptical of standing in front of a giant sequoia.
DSC_0024

I'm skeptical of the value of sitting in the lap of a giant tree so to speak.
DSC_0084

But I soon learned to love it.
DSC_0081

The General Grant. Impressive.
DSC_0100

The inside of a sequoia, if you ever wondered what that looked like.
DSC_0043

Big ass trees in the parking lot.
DSC_0111

No comments: