Sunday, July 26, 2015

More from Crater Lake

Some more pictures of lake, trees, birds and mammals.

A dead treestump I photographed.
DSC_0161

The trees on top of Wizard Island were blown away. I have no idea what caused it.
DSC_0148

The other island in Crater Lake is called Phantom Ship island.
DSC_0174

At one of the first stops on the western rim drive there is a parking lot with lots of ground squirrels and birds. Here is a bird with a peanut I gave it.
DSC_0125

I thought this pic of a bird in flight was kinda cool.
DSC_0114

I can haz cheeseburger? These little rascals are very cute, but also very greedy and can get aggressive. If two or three convene on a nut or another piece of food there's a short but furious exchange of bites and growls before they go back to being friends again.
DSC_0092

Probably laying plans for world domination through cuteness.
DSC_0069

Albie is skeptical.
DSC_0080

Is this not the cutest thing ever?
DSC_0060

No comments: