Thursday, July 16, 2015

Monument Valley

After I left the Grand Canyon, I flew low across northern Arizona to make it to Monument Valley in reasonable time. I think I spent as much time overtaking other cars from the left lane as I did driving in the right lane. Anywway, iffin you think some of these pictures look like deja vu, it's probably because you've seen this landscape and others like 'em in countless movies; mostly westerns, but also in a lot of commercials. To me, it was something of the same feeling I had when I went to New York for the first time in '99 - a feeling of coming home, to a place I already felt I knew from countless comics, TV series and films.

After Monument, I continued my low flight, this time across southern Utah, until I finally reached the wonderful Arches National Park, which I saw all the way back in 2009. No pictures from there, but you can check out my old post here.

This rock was flippin' the bird to the world. I immediately felt for it.
SANY0065

SANY0063

SANY0064

No comments: