Sunday, July 5, 2015

Some stuff from the road today

I arrived in Farmington late Thursday, only to find out that the Motel 6 room I had booked did not come close to meeting the criteria for that category. Still mightily annoyed about this I started out Friday by driving down towards Chaco culture sumfin sumfin, but appx. 15 miles from my destination the road turned from paved to gravel of a sort that threatened to turn my kidneys into mush. I decided I could not be bothered to waste my time and drove back to Farmington. Having had a good, long think in the car I quickly packed my bags and fucked off on out of that hellhole of a place (Farmington and its Motel 6 both fit this description), and set off for Canyon de Chelly and Gallup instead. I took some pics along the way that didn't really fit into any category, so here they are for your viewing pleasure.

The best juxaposition in the world deserves another showing.
SANY0001

This strange mountain is called Shiprock, and lies outside the little town by the same name.
SANY0004

Several places along the way you could see cattle and horses walking around outside their fences.
SANY0006

This old beauty was driven by a couple from Nebraska. They had just finished driving Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica and were now on their way home.
DSC_0449

This is from just north of Gallup where the rain had flooded the highway.
SANY0011

This was what I had to drive through.
SANY0015

No comments: