Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chichester

Thanks to the incredible slowness of the Norwegian bureaucracy OR my lawyer (I don't know at present where to go postal when I get back) I still haven't got my money from the house sale. So all I have left is a Mastercard, which I'm hoping and praying will last me a few days. This meant I had to cancel the trip to the Isle of Wight, since the ferry was too expensive at this point. So I've been making my way to Southampton instead. I also had to forego the two Roman sites I was planning on seeing at Wight, and instead visited Portchester's English Heritage Castle (more about that later), where I could get in for freeeeee.

Last night was spent in Chichester, at some unmentionable place run by a bunch of Asians. Things take twice as long when every sentence is broken up with "yes sir", "please sir" and "thank you sir". In addition, the water in the shower was a mere drizzle and they were trying to skimp on the effin breakfast. Never again! *shudder*

The few pics I took in Chichester are all here.

A pedestrian street.
SANY0003

The Cathedral, which is one of the oldest in England and still not a ruin. Sigh.
SANY0010

An elaborate, overbuilt market cross. I have a feeling that if you ever agree to meet one of the locals and ask "where shall we meet?" he/she'll just look funny at you.
SANY0006

Dey lubs 'em sum chocolate in Chichester. This was the third sales location in 50 meters.
SANY0012

No comments: