Friday, October 14, 2011

Exmoor

Today was a good day. Drove around Exmoor for a couple of hours, then had a good dinner at an Indian restaurant (seriously, they beat English pub food into the ground) and rounded it all off with seeing Johnny English Reborn at a cinema here in Ilfracombe. I had also planned on seeing the Castle in Dunster, now that I am a member of the National Trust (I'll happily spend £1,260 to save £8.50 - don't judge me!), but it was closed on Thursdays of all days. ~Le sigh~.

The National Park in Exmoor is different from the one in Dartmoor. The latter is much wilder, more windswept and lonely. Exmoor is softer around the edges. It's still a pretty place, especially out by the coast, even though it is often obscured by the fog which comes drifting in every so often. There are some very steep roads around the park, but also some glorious views of the ocean. When it's not foggy, that is.

All Exmoor pics here.

I've seen worse things in the morning than this view from my hotel room. My reflection in the mirror, for example.
SANY0001

That's Wales way the fuck out there. I've noticed they get the Welsh BBC here and I gotta say I think they're pullin' one on us. There's no way Welsh is an actual language; I bet they're laughing their asses off behind the camera.
SANY0003

Nice beach.
SANY0024

Up on the moors.
SANY0019

Some arty-farty b & w photos that I think came out ok.
SANY0013

Horses grazing. No fences, wire or stone.
SANY0016

And then the fog set in...
SANY0014

I found this very picturesque tree outside a church in Porlock.
SANY0030

No comments: