Wednesday, October 5, 2011

One itsy bitsy fuckin giant spider

Last evening when I got out of the shower at my "hotel" (more like a pub with guest rooms), I got the very first inkling that something was very, very wrong with my choice of accomodation. I normally hate anything that creeps and crawls, from the tiniest bugs and insects to small dogs - they give me the heebie jeebies. So imagine my horror when I saw this monster waiting to pounce in the far corner of my room:

SANY0001

I've been told that you shouldn't kill spiders, because they eat insects - to which my reply has always been: The spider, by necessity must be larger, hence more horrible than the insects it eats. Besides, I stomp on both spiders AND insects, no worries. Also, I suspect this spider didn't much feed on insects - more likely it feasted on dogs and small children (not entirely bad, then).

So, I rolled up a towel, smacked it so it fell on the floor and proceeded to do a little rain dance on it. In the picture below you can see life fading from its dying, multifaceted eyes - or maybe that's just my flash acting up. Anyway, Ghost 1 - horrible, creepy monster spider 0.

SANY0002

When I got back from the pub a few hours later I counted three much smaller, yet worryingly large spiders in my room, and that's not counting the fucker sitting in the toilet sink, which I boiled in hot water. I was too tired to go on a killing spree, and besides the place seemed like spider central, so for everyone I killed, there'd probably be ten more when I woke up. So I went to bed almost fully clothed, with my shoes placed upside down in the bed beside me. Yes, that's how much I loathe them. In the morning I got the fuck out of that place and I am never, ever going back.

No comments: