Monday, October 10, 2011

Wayside Museum

My third disappointment today came at the last place on my itinerary: The Wayside Museum. To be honest I didn't have much in the way of expectations for this place, but it turned out to be even more boring than I had thought. It is situated in Zennor, which is a tiny hamlet five minutes outside St Ives. The museum is a haphazard collection of artifacts from all over the area, interspersed with everything from learned articles to wild, folksy speculation. Meh. Unless you have a deep interest in mill equipment and the finer details of Cornish farming, save your money.

Pics here.

The Wayside Museum.
SANY0038

They apparently grew bamboo in the area to supply the pandas in London Zoo.
SANY0041

I played on a LUDO board just like that. *sniffles* Apparently I'm old enough to wind up in a museum.
SANY0053

*Snicker*
SANY0056

And it's off to Aussie we go...
SANY0054

No comments: