Thursday, November 17, 2011

Utah: Kolob Reservoir

This morning I started my trek towards Albuquerque, where I'll pick up a Norwegian friend Friday night. The first part was a quick detour up to Kolob Reservoir, and the road up there goes partly through Zion National Park. This area is much more windswept, cold and barren than Zion proper though.

After Kolob I went through Dixie National Forest to Bryce Canyon National Park before ending the day in Escalante, Utah. Thursday (US time) I'll make my way down to Four Corners and spend the night in Farmington, New Mexico.

All Kolob pics here.

The road up there was mighty purdy.
DSCN1253

DSCN1251

DSCN1284

In some areas it looked a lot like the Norwegian highlands.
DSCN1259

Purdy colors. Wheeee!
DSCN1282

Some of the small ponds along the way had frozen, and there was some snow on the ground. Le sigh.
DSCN1271

The reservoir.
DSCN1265

DSCN1266

No comments: