Monday, December 5, 2011

Fashion blog

This blog is now sinking to a new low, by becoming, temporarily, a fashion blog. As I've written previously, I've gone and embraced my inner cowboy, to the extent that I've bought Cowboy boots (made in America) and Wrangler jeans (both black and blue ones) at an outlet in Louisiana (lordy, lordy, thank you for Black Friday!), a leather jacket from a Wilson's Outlet in Santa Fe, where they had a pre-black Friday sale (lordy, lordy, etc) and a black hat from a store in Albuquerque. With my black shirt from Battistini (bought for just $8 in Norway!) I look like an overweight, slightly deranged version of Johnny Cash.

I've actually had several people both in Atlanta and here in Huntsville (where I'm currently staying at the most decrepit Motel 6 I've encountered in my years of traveling with this particular chain) complimenting me on the hat, or the jacket or the boots. Some homeless guy in Atlanta said something that sounded like he was willing to eat his shoes for my hat, but I may have misheard... another guy was driving past me and rolled down his window to shout compliments at my boots. And a lady here in Huntsville liked my jacket. So at least the clothes are looking good. On the other hand, if the clothing style in Atlanta is anything to go by... nah, better not go there...

Since I know it sells better than photos of an ugly, balding, fat guy, here's a picture of the lovely Astrid, who bought this outfit & shoes Sunday at the absofuckinlutely humongous Lenox Square mall, in Atlanta. She swore it was so cheap that it would have been a travesty NOT to buy it.
SANY0005

The ugly, balding, fat guy. Nice hat, though.
DSCN2546

"...like a Rhinestone cowboy..."
DSCN2548

No comments: