Thursday, December 8, 2011

Some odds and ends

Tuesday after visiting the caverns, we continued to drive around northeastern Alabama. First we went to Scottsboro, where they have the weird and wonderful Lost Luggage store, or "Unclaimed Baggage Center" as the official name is. Here, lost luggage from the various airlines of the US is gathered and sold, and you can find anything from the top clothes brands and wedding dresses to the tackiest shirts and caps. Electronics, umbrellas, suitcases, toys, hats, formal wear - you name it, they got it.

I greedily bought a Ralph Lauren coat for $80 plus tax, plus a camera for $325 plus tax. The camera turned out not to be the super buy I thought it was, since it was too old - even to hold my modern 8gb memory cards. Fortunately my road to Winston Salem went by there, so Wednesday I got mah money back.

I've also got some Christmas decoration pics from northern Alabama and a funny Jesus pic from North Carolina (I swear, the western mountain areas of that state is as inbred as any place I've been in the US).

The Jesus pic.
SANY0001

The Ralphie coat. I joked to Nakia that 6 months from now, I would be beaten to a pulp on the streets of London by some guy who wanted his jacket back...
SANY0001 (2)

My apologies to Astrid, but I didn't actually know about this place until I came here. I know you would have loved it!
SANY0001

Alabama Christmas decorations are so over the top they're almost... gay...
SANY0003

SANY0006

SANY0005

No comments: