Monday, December 5, 2011

With friends in Atlanta

Today I finally got to see two old friends of mine again; Kami and Shirl - the two ladies I wrote about in my travelogue from Italy in 2005. I haven't seen them since then (hmmm...) so this was a very welcome reunion. (Installments from the 2005 trip here, here, here, here and, mercifully, here.)

Kami has gone and reproduced, and her daughter is a cute lil' thing, who at age 13 months has already mastered the arts of stage diving and making friends. At the cafe where we had lunch she was waddling around with a huge smile on her face, and the waiter especially took a liking to her. She's a real people person, as you'll see in the pics. Even the stubbornly childless Astrid (can't you hear your biological clock chiming, woman??? Do your duty as Nature & Nature's God hath commanded of thee!) fell for Haven.

First, gratuitous pics of moi in my Western gear, with Kami & Shirl. The beauties and the beast, y'all can understand my big grin.
gjengen2

gjengen

Astrid was carrying Haven around quite a bit more than strictly necessary.
DSCN2556

What cho' lookin' at?
DSCN2594

Why is this strange woman taking a pic of me?
DSCN2553

Haven in a very rare moment of not smiling. I find this pic hilarious.
DSCN2615

At least mommy's laughin'.
DSCN2604

This guy was originally from Brooklyn, but now he's riding his horse around Atlanta without a saddle, but with the compulsory straw in his mouth. You'll see a lot of colorful people on the streets in Atlanta, from the wonderfully weird to the downright scary.
DSCN2616

Cowboy, Kami & horse. The horse to the left (no, I never get tired of that joke).
DSCN2620

Shirl, who probably has the rawest, heartiest, most infectuous laughter I've ever heard. And in her company, you'll hear it often!
DSCN2621

Shirl, Haven & Kami at the MLK gravesite.
DSCN2590

No comments: