Monday, October 8, 2012

A 82 at Tyndrum

A 82 is the road from well south of Tyndrum all the way up to Ft William and beyond. I've followed it for quite some length today, and I especially love the appx. 30 miles between just north of Tyndrum and over the mountains to Glencoe. There are some absolutely delightful stretches of nature to be seen along this route; wild, barren and tough, but oh so beautiful

These pictures are from the valley that opens up just north of Tyndrum. I do not know the name, or indeed if it has one, but it's quite stunning even when the sun isn't out. I think I am going to name the whole area Rannoch Moor, though I am unsure if this first leg is technically a part of it.

All Rannoch Moor pics here.

Fog & deep grooves running down the mountain.
DSCN4084

A wee bit of sun on the hillside.
DSCN4086

The valley is so pwetty, and the west highland railway runs alongside it.
DSCN4074

Tall mountains on all sides.
DSCN4080

No comments: