Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Three sisters of Glencoe

I'm sure there are tons of mountain formations around the planet called "Three Sisters" or some variation thereof; readers of this blog (hello to both of you) will remember the one I saw in the Blue Mountains of Australia. Scotland also has one, in the mountains just above Glencoe. I stopped there and took pics of the mountains and the valley. Very wild, very beautiful terrain.

All pics.

One may climb all the way to the top. If one happens to be a helluva lot fitter than yours truly.
DSCN4180

You can see the vegetation is thicker along the stream.
DSCN4182

Ish pwetty.
DSCN4184

I like to squint and imagine that the patterns on the bottom half of the mountain are ancient ruins.
DSCN4185

We can all agree that even though the picture is a bit blurry, it shows half a dozen deer, yes?
DSCN4187

I spotted those deer in the green field to the far left along the mountain ridge. Did I mention I want my injun name to be hawkeye?
DSCN4186

No comments: